Re: Question about Gnopernicus.

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 18:14, Satyam wrote:
> 			Hi Rd,
> I had gone through the website of gnopernicus.
> there I found Gnopernicus's tarbal and srpm file and some dependency files.
>  now my questions are:
> 1. Can I install gnopernicus from srpm file?
Probably yes. I never did that. I use to download the tar.gz file and
install from there.

> 2. do I need to download all dependencies?
Usually the configure/autogen.sh process informs you about minimum
requirements.

> 3. in what order should I install all the dependencies and gnopernicus?
Every package will fail to install if it is installed to early. But, a
'working' order is
atk, at-spi, gnome-speech, gnome-mag, gnopernicus.

> 4. Do I need to go to newer version gnome that is gnome 2.12?
Depends on your expectations. If you don't want the last gnome version
there is no need to do that.

A tool which compiles entire gnome desktop is jhbuild. See
http://www.gnome.org/~jamesh/jhbuild.html.

Regards,
Remus