Re: Gnome and Ubuntu 6.06?

Hi, Jason.
Thanks for the information. I just read through the Debian installation manual, and while it seams strait forward I don't think it reflects what I am seeing as far as Ubuntu 6.06 desktop version. Now, the manual did mention using a preconfiguration script which would allow one to do an autoinstall of Debian. I wonder if the same is true for Ubuntu, and how much different is the preconfiguration script etc from Debian in Ubuntu. As I am blind and don't have much help around an autoinstallation or a terminal install is esentual for me getting this thing on my system. So I will be doing this the hard way. Wish more distributions were like Fedora and allowed for autoinstalls, telnet installs, and terminal installs. My hope and desire is to run say an autoinstall have it get it on, reboot in to gnome, and fire up gnopernicus after login. Is that a reasonable expectation for Ubuntu or am I barking up the wrong tree. I can do this with Fedora but can't do this with most other distributions, but I am hoping Ubuntu will be able to do this as well.

Jason White wrote:
Ubuntu is based on the Debian GNU/Linux distribution, and reputedly uses an
installer based on Debian's. Thus you may find the Debian installation guide
helpful for the basic operating system installation process.
http://www.debian.org/ (look under "documentation").

I am sure Ubuntu users subscribed to this list will suggest how you can most
easily set it up to run Gnopernicus, Orca or whatever you need.