Re: Fixing gnome-speech

George Kraft píše v Út 27. 06. 2006 v 13:26 -0500:
> On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 17:04 +0200, Hynek Hanke wrote:
> > talking to it via TCP.
> Are commercial TTS engines sufficiently isolated in this new TTS API
> proposal?  With respect to licensing, can DECtalk and TTSynth be
> successfully linked to and be used?

I'm not sure what is the question exactly? The modules inside the TTS
API implementation we are working on are supposed to run as separate
processes for licensing reason and for the reason of stability. This
however has little to do with the way how interfacing between the module
and the synthesizer is done.

Also, the paragraph of which you quote a part of a sentence had nothing
to do with TTS API nor with DECtalk or TTSynth in my previous post.

>   gnome-speech is providing a nice abstraction.

I'm sorry, I do not understand. Could you please explain?

With regards,
Hynek Hanke