Re: Fixing gnome-speech

> I'm currently working on Speech Dispatcher backend for Orca.  This
> bypasses the Gnome Speech layer completely.  Since Speech Dispatcher
> offers several speech synthesizers not supported by Gnome Speech, this
> may be essential for some people and the Orca -> Gnome Speech -> Speech
> Dispatcher -> synthesizer aproach has inherent problems.  This might
> solve your problem too.
>
> Please, see also the common "TTS API" draft at
> http://www.freebsoft.org/tts-api.  This is a common effort of Free
> Desktop and FSG.

Very very good idea.
Unfortunately, gnome-speech was not very stable, sometimes speech
randomly stops.
And it's true that it will optimize the speech chain. orca -> gnome
speech -> speech-dispatcher -> synthesis was quite long :) And so, it
must be nearly impossible to debug it.

So thanks very much Tomas for this work !
--
Olivier BERT
e-mail: obert01 mistigri org