Re: Fixing gnome-speech

Hi Willem:

That's good news about the DECTalk and TTSynth support.  If we could get
a Cepstral/Swift module as well, I think we'd have the major synths
covered.  Perhaps the gnome-speech FreeTTS code could be ported to the
SpeechDispatcher API someday, to give us two free engines (especially
now that Java licensing is more acceptable to free distros).

I suspect the 'generic module' may not work well for screen readers
because of the need for speech markers or at least "end of speech"
notification, but it's still useful for some things of course.

regards

Bill