thanks

Thanks Thomas and Henric for your advice.
May have to wait for a Sighted Person like dad or my sister or maybe even mum to come to my flat to help me disable the System sounds in Gnome. I might have better luck with dad who sometimes attends the LUGs with me or even my sister as I can't see my Mother touching anything to do with Linux unless I can get her to guide me so I can disable the sounds during Loggin. Does this also mean I have to try and disable the drums that sound before I type my login information? When I disable the sounds do they all disable or do I have to uncheck each sound individually?
Sorry for all the questions.