Re: thanks

Hi, Michael.

Does this also mean I have to try and disable the drums that sound
before I type my login information?

No. Just the one that sounds right after you login seams to cause the problem. Also if you plan to use game the sound that game makes when sending and getting messages causes problems. Turn those off, and you should be good to go.

When I disable the sounds do they all disable or do I have to uncheck each sound individually?

There is a check box in the gnome preferences and sounds that you can uncheck to disable all sounds at once. If you want to disable only certain sounds that is easy as well. On some systems the sounds causes problems with gnopernicus and orca and on others it doesn't. You'll have to test if disabling sounds fixes the problem.