problem starting gnopernicus

The person who was best at trying to help me get speech working was not at the Birstal Linux Group. There was a 22 year old girl trying to install Orca for me but she couldn't find where the Ubuntu package was downloaded. I am trying to get Gnopernicus working in order to find the file for setting up Orca but although Gnopernicus has been checked on Start up, it doesn't seem to automatically launch after loggin and my way of running Gnopernicus doesn't seem to be working even when I leave the drive on my laptop to churn away for a few minutes before pressing for example Alt F1. If I try to run Gnopernicus using alt F2 and typing Gnopernicus, the Gnome pannel crashes.
How can I get around these problems?
Once I get Gnopernicus working I might be able to find the Setup file for Orca.
Also what filename do I need to look for for the Orca setup?
When I managed to get around that stupid error message about Gnome pannel error or whatever, doing a find for anything to do with Orca or setup seems to come up with no results.