Re: Festival vs. F-lite disk space requirements

    BH> Arrgh, sorry, I was thinking of FreeTTS,

FreeTTS is good solution but for the future. Unfortunately FreeTTS not support other
languages now.

    BH> which was a sort of direct descendant of Flite. The flite docs
    BH> imply that you can use voices built with FestVox, but I guess
    BH> you have to "compile" them into Flite somehow:
    BH> http://www.speech.cs.cmu.edu/flite/index.html

Really not easy way.

    BH> I think Flite has some performance optimizations, speed-wise,
    BH> and a smaller footprint. The latest released version, 1.3, seems
    BH> to be about a year old. Sorry for the confusion.

unfortunately Not for non English people.

>From this point I think is better integrate to ubuntu live CD festival.
The second possibility is adapt FreeTTS for other languages but I'm not
sure if someone find a sources for this work.

Best regards

--

Jan Buchal
Tel: (00420) 24 24 86 008