Re: Festival vs. F-lite disk space requirements

Bill Haneman wrote:
Henrik:

I think Flite uses the same file format. ( Will, please correct me if
I'm wrong).
By same format you mean the same speech files? So what is the main benefit of F-lite, a smaller memory footprint? (and java cross-platformness)
It also requires a Java JRE, are you planning to include
Java in the live CD?
Uh, no. I though it compiled with gcj like OpenOffice.

Looks like we were even farther afield with this than I first expected ...

Thanks Bill.

- Henrik