Re: Gnopernicus and gnome-mag issues

Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues Diógenes wrote:
Gnopernicus say how the magnifier must behave, like how it must track
the mouse, cursor, the place of the target screen, cursor size, mag size
and others, i.e., it's add extra logic to the magnifier, making it more
suitable to the user.
Since you mention target-screen placement :) We are having a bit of trouble getting this right on the Ubuntu Live CD. We have decided that we want to place the target window on the lower half of the screen to ensure that it doesn't cover the settings window and because this is what users will be used to from Windows.

So ideally, I guess we should detect the users screen resolution and even panel placements and base the placement coordinates on that. But at this point I'd be happy to just assume a screen size like 1024x768 and place it accordingly as an initial default. (People with a smaller screen will have issues from that, but larger will be fine). Trouble is we cant even get gnopernicus to pick up the default settings that are given in the gconf schema file included with the package.

Any ideas?

- Henrik