Re: left hand mouse

Hi Roberto:

On my system (running Gnome 2.6 also), this setting is in the 'Preferences->Desktop Preferences->Mouse' dialog. Selecting "Left hand mouse" works fine for me.

I have no idea what is going on with your keyboard issue, but it sounds as though the system is misconfigured at the system level (i.e. "lower down" than KDE or Gnome).

Bill

Roberto Bernetti wrote:

Hi
I have a laptop toshiba (centrino) with SuSE 9.2 installed and I usually have KDE. Now my son is starting school and is starting to use the computer. He uses the left hand to write so I tryed to change, in KDE, the mouse setting to a left hand mouse but i discovered that the middle button didn't work. So someone advice me to try with GNOME that has mmore extensive accessibility feature. The version of gnome installed is the 2.6 I use an PS2 to USB conector for an external keyboard an usb wireless mouse. I tryed to set in setting->hardware->mouse the lefthand mouse but it does'nt work at all further the numeric pad of the keyboard doesn't work and the arrow and PGup PDdw keys all work as Alt-PrtScr starting the screenshot application. The keyboard behaviour is not experimented on KDE.
Does anybody help?
Thank in advance