Re: Gnome and support for the visually impaired

hI,

sNIP
2. Close your eyes and do something so that you can't see anything.
> Are you really blind, now ? Ok, so:
> 3. Switch on your computer, choose any graphical mailer you like,
> and try to reply to this mail _without_ opening your eyes.
> Just use a speech system, or a braille one, if you have one you know
> well enough.
>
> Now... I'm waiting for your blindly sent reply.
> eND sNIP

i AM TOTALLY BLIND AND i AM ABLE TO SEND AND REVIEVE EMAIL USING
eVOLUTION 2.2 WITH GNOPERNICUS SO YOUR POINT IS MUTE.
i HAVE BEEN USING GNOPERNICUS FOR MONTHS TO USE EMAIL SO YOUR POINT IS
WHAT? THAT IT IS IMPOSSIBLE? iF SO THAT ISN'T TRUE. i HAVE BEEN TOTALLY
BLIND FOR YEARS, AND HAVE BEEN USING A GRAPHICAL EMAIL PROGRAM IN GNOME
FOR MONTHS.
tRUE EVOLUTION 2.0 WAS NOT SO GREAT. vERSION 2.2 AND i ASSUME 2.4 HAS
BETTER SUPPORT THAT THAN. iT IS POSSIBLE, BUT NO NOT AS ACCESSIBLE AS
SAY oUTLOOK dESTRESS.
mY APOLOGIES IF i AM WRONG, BUT THE TONE OF YOUR MESSAGE SEAMS TO
SUGGEST IT ISN'T POSSIBLE TO EFFECTIVELY DO MAIL IN gNOME. iT IS, BUT
MAYBE NOT AS PERFECT AS YOU WOULD LIKE. iN TIME IT WILL IMPROVE, AND IS
IMPROVING.