Re: Slackware 10.1 and Gnopernicus

There is some projects that continues to support GNOME in slackware,
like http://gware.sf.net http://gsb.sf.net http://www.dropline.net/gnome
and other, but they do not ship Festival, this one must be installed by
hand.

Carlos.

Kenny Hitt wrote:

Hi.

I don't use Slackware myself, I use Debian.  However,
I recently helped a friend set up Gnopernicus under Slackware.  We ran
into some important issues.  First, festival isn't a Slackware package,
so unless you want to use commercial speech, you will need to build it
from source.
The maintainer of Slackware recently announced that he will drop support
for Gnome in Slackware, so you will probably do better using another
distro.  If you decide to stick with Slackware, be aware that you will
need to start building your Gnome yourself.

Hope this helps.
         Kenny