Re: FW: [g-a-devel] AT-SPI, focus leaving and window IDs

Dave's situation isn't all that unusual. My daughter listens to her music, both cds which I've converted into files and radio stations, via computer. Even if she's willing to put up with some distraction, she has severe developmental disabilities and explaining to her why would be just about impossible.

Since i haven't got gnopernicus working yet, except for one time a couple of years ago, it's not a problem yet, but this is just to illustrate that this can be a real issue.

I agree with Dave that each accessibility method should be as independent as possible of the others. To be able to use braille but to need speech for some things wouldn't be helpful to those who can't use speech and braille at the same time or have significant hearing problems or are deaf. the same would be true of being able to use speech for most things but having some features braille-dependent. the goal is to make the system fully accessible to braille users and speech users, and for those who can benefit from both, that's great too.

--
Cheryl