fog burning off on gnome and gnopernicus

Okay, found the keyboard shortcuts and several other places in gnome where configurations could be done and spent much of last night making adjustments. I don't even know if my network connection in X is actually up and working though on one of those network tools my ethernet card was properly identified as to port and maker. I actually have a ppp0 type connection which I'm sure is dynamic to the internet when I have it at all yet the only opportunity I had was to make a new static connection (which I refused) but had no opportunity to examine existing connections at least that I was able to find last night. If startx or gnome or some tool within gnome takes network connections down when X comes up then I didn't have a connection to the world but if not, then there was one in effect. I can understand leaving this configuration out all over the environment from a security perspective, but doesn't it also pose the ris that a set or single setting may be altered by a computer cracker the user or administrator rarely looks at and cause damage that way too? I suppose this may have been done because the answer to the question about a centralized system settings application like a heads up display in front of a pilot as opposed to a distributed configuration paradigm may not have been conclusively answered just yet. For myself I have no problem working with it either way, but I guarrantee you the teddy bears on wallpaper set (mostly management in business and Government anymore who found ms-dos and gag pc-dos just impossible to use) would certainly want a centralized configuration application. Now all I have to figure out how to do is get all of the kde stuff off the system so I don't click on anymore nonverbal applications then I should be good to go until kde becomes verbal. I suppose all of you are aware Marc Mulcahee while working over at Sun got balsa up and working on gnome with gnopernicus too. On the main menu programs in May and June of 2003 he has a few presentations on gnopernicus. First three weeks in May not the 4th and the last presentation was June 12, 2003 along with other material but if your multimedia works well enough you may be able to skip right onto his clips.