Re: can't get multimedia working with any browser

Hi Jude,
I can tell you that your problem is not unique, and it doesn't seam to be
memory related. I have ran Fedora and Mandriva with systems of 512 MB or
greater and Gnopernicus 0.9.12 and greater seam to high dive for no reason
at all.
An example I was opening evolution like I did several times that day, and
suddenly gnopernicus bit the dust. No speech, no responce, and wouldn't even
exit properly. I crashed out of x, logged back in, and gnopernicus says it
can't load festival.
I ended up rebooting the machine. Which I do about four times a day on
average do to gnopernicus high diving and not coming back for one reason or
another.
To bad I can't use mozilla, Open Office, and other gui apps at the shell as
I would happily stay there with speakup or something than put up gnopernicus
crashing about 5 times aday.
Anyway, I wouldn't recommend using Firefox as it simply doesn't work with
gnopernicus. I am currently adding multimedia for Mandriva, and I am hoping
to plug it in to Sun Mozilla. I'll be sure to let you know if I get
something reasonable working in x.
Hth.