-----Original Message-----
From: gnome-accessibility-list-bounces gnome org
[mailto:gnome-accessibility-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Jazz Daq
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 3:58 AM
To: gnome-accessibility-list gnome org
Subject: Undesired slow-keys popup

Hi,

I use the keyboard accessibility features, in particular, Mouse Keys.
However, there is an accessibility feature that I find particularly
annoying:

If accessibility and Mouse Keys are enabled, and you hold down the shift key
for more than 8 seconds, a popup appears, requesting:

   "Would you like to activate Slow Keys?"

When using certain applications, it is quite common to hold the shift key or
another key down for 8 seconds during normal work, for multiple graphical
item selection, for example.  The unwanted appearance of the Slow Keys
dialog is quite annoying.  In addition to its annoying presence, it causes
the keyboard to stop working in all applications until you press Cancel.

I would recommend disabling this automatic popup, or allowing the user to
selectively disable it.  I think the former solution is better, because if a
user is able to turn on keyboard accessibility he/she can also turn on Slow
Keys manually.

Thanks for considering this request.  Best regards,

Dave.