Re: Undesired slow-keys popup

> Do you mean 'Slow Keys'?  I am not aware of any
> interaction with MouseKeys.

To get MouseKeys to work (which is what I need), I
need to select 'enable keyboard accessibility
features'.  Otherwise, MouseKeys does not work.

But from this point on, I get these pesky popups.  But
I just read the Bug you spoke about (I didn't
understand the relationship it had to my problem when
you mentioned it before--I thought you were referring
to non-accessibility-related keyboard shortcuts).  I
think you are right about the bug.  What we need is a
way to independently turn on and off the various
accessibility features, as well as the keyboard
shortcuts.

> You can, however, turn the keyboard shortcuts off
> without turning off
> all accessibility features (at least, XKB allows
> this).  I believe that
> this is what the 'checkbox' in the 'General' tab of
> the Keyboard
> Accessibility Dialog should be doing, instead of
> turning on/off "all"
> keyboard accessibility features.

This just gave me a hint about a workaround.  I just
compiled the 'ax' accessibility program, and I am able
to do what I want with it.  I disabled the gnome
accessibility stuff, and I enable mousekeys with 'ax'.

It works like a charm.  Thanks, Bill.

Best regards,

Dave.

Yahoo! Mail for Mobile