Re: Problem with gnome-speech in FC4?

I have not yet had the opportunity to check this out on my system, but I
wanted to comment on this before too much more time went by.

I am amazed by this report. I completely fail to understand why festival
(or gnome-speech) should care about anything in /etc/hosts. Perhaps
someone can educate me on why this is so?

In any case, I believe what you're doing by putting your hostname (and
even fqdn) together on the same line with the localhost definition is
proper procedure, though I can't off hand think of where the doc for
that usage would go.

So, whose bug is this? Certainly there's a bug here. This should not be
happening.