Re: using a braille display with Gnopernicus

[quoted lines by Peter Korn on 2005/04/01 at 10:03 -0800]

>>>The brltty driver seems to map them to HMS01, HMS02, ... I don't know
>>>what these do.
>>>

>>They are then seen as position sensors. To change the function mapped
>>for them, go to
>>2 Preferences/2 Braille/5 Braille Mapping/Position Sensors page-tab.
>
>This seems like a bug.  Only cursor routing keys should come into
>Gnopernicus this way.  Perhaps this is a bug in the BrlTTY Gnopernicus
>driver?

The original observation (see the first line quoted aove) was "I notice the
routing buttons above the braille cells don't work.". The BRLTTY Gnopernicus
driver indeed maps cursor routing keys to HMSnn, which, I believe, is correct.
The actual problem may be user misunderstanding. I beleive those keys only work
for widgets where the cursor can be moved, e.g. a text entry dialog, but it may
be that the user is assuming that they should work in all contexts.

EMail: dave mielke cc | Canada  K2A 1H7   | if you're concerned about Hell.