test-speech problems?

Hello folks,
  Last night I ran swaret on my Slackware machine to upgrade everything to the current stable releases. Among other things, Gnome, Gnome-speech, and Gnopernicus were updated. After this update completed, I recompiled gnome-speech 0.3.2 so that I would be able to use Dectalk or Cepstral. The ./configure output confirmed that the gnome-speech servers would be built, so I did a make all;make install. However, running test-speech just shows a phantom Festival driver and nothing else. Does anyone know why gnome-speech miht be exhibiting this behavior?

Stephen Clower, that guy from the south.
You can reach me by any of the following:
E-Mail: steve steve-audio net
MSN: steve steve-audio net
AIM: AudioRabbit03

You can also check out my little home on the web by visiting http://www.steve-audio.net