Re: focussing the desktop [was: Mozilla - like JAWS or like Hal?]

Mario replied to my statement:

Ctrl-Alt-Tab cycles focus through all of the GNOME Panels and the
desktop itself.

I'm not 100% sure that I'm mixing something up here now, but
AFAIR, Ctrl+Alt+'d' is a simpler way to reach the desktop immediately.
That's partially a mix-up: control-alt-d "minimizes" (unposts, actually) all the windows on screen and shows the desktop only. I am pretty sure that it does focus the desktop as well, as a side-effect. But it makes all of your application windows get unposted, which isn't always what you want.

- Bill