Re: Linux distros with gnome speech reading capabilities included

Hi Tom,

You wrote:
You asked about what I use for email under Linux. I am using the balsa email client in which this email was sent to you by. Balsa is pretty accessible, but there are a few issues with it that need to be mentioned. 1. Sometimes after sending an email via smtp balsa and gnopernicus will totally crash. I am not sure why, but I am looking at filing bug report on it soon.

Great, thanks!

2. When you attempt to read a message gnopernicus's flat review bug won't allow you to read the message contents. The solution is to go to the mail drop down, select reply, and then read the email contents.

This may be bugzilla bug #138391, which was fixed earlier today.

here is some other apps I use besides balsa.

1. I use gedit for doing my programming and editing text documents. Gedit is much like Windows notepad. 2. If you have java access bridge installed you can use Openoffice 1.1.1 which Openwriter and Opencalc are somewhat accessible. Actually, I use Opencalc alotand Openwriter more than MS Excel and Word these days, but there are accessibility issues that need to be solved.

Have you filed bugs on these issues?

Regards,

Peter Korn
Sun Accessibility teams