Re: focussing the desktop

Bill Haneman <Bill Haneman Sun COM> writes:

> Mario replied to my statement:
>
>>>Ctrl-Alt-Tab cycles focus through all of the GNOME Panels and the
>>>desktop itself.
>>>

>>I'm not 100% sure that I'm mixing something up here now, but
>>AFAIR, Ctrl+Alt+'d' is a simpler way to reach the desktop immediately.
>>

> That's partially a mix-up: control-alt-d "minimizes" (unposts,
> actually) all the windows on screen and shows the desktop only.  I am
> pretty sure that it does focus the desktop as well, as a side-effect.
> But it makes all of your application windows get unposted, which isn't
> always what you want.

For a blind person, open windows do not matter at all, only focused
windows do.  So Ctrl+Alt+d is indeed the thing (at least for me).

Same thing in MS Windows btw, the key combination I use
under MS Win to reach the desktop is Start+m, which does
exactly the same thing as in GNOME Ctrl+Alt+d, namely "minimize all".

--
CYa,