Re: GOK producec a segmentation fault when starting

Gunnar Schmi Dt wrote:
Hello,

On Monday 08 March 2004 19:59, Bill Haneman wrote:

Hi Gunnar:

There was a gtk+ bug which resulted in a GOK crash which was fixed only
Saturday night.  There was also a serious filechooser problem in gtk+
that was fixed last night; as far as I know all is well now.  The past
few days have seen a lot of last-minute change to the gtk+ and gnome
stacks in preparation for code freeze, which is today.
[...]

I now have updated the installed tarballs to the versions that were available this morning on ftp.gnome.org (as listed further down). The segfault is fixed.

However, I have an other problem:

If I start GOK from a terminal (I have used konsole), everything works as expected, the pressed keys are inserted e.g. into the line edit of KMouth, although KMouth currently does not support AT-SPI.

If I start GOK without a terminal (e.g., if I press (with KDE) Alt+F2, then type gok, or if GOK gets started together with KDE), the pressed keys get lost. Is this problem known? If yes, is there a solution available?

Gunnar, can you confirm that gok does not have focus (i.e. another target application has an active looking title bar) when you are testing? (And of course the pressed letters should appear in the target app)

cheers,

David

Gunnar Schmi Dt

P.S.: The installed tarballs are: