Re: GOK producec a segmentation fault when starting

Hello,

On Monday 08 March 2004 19:59, Bill Haneman wrote:
> Hi Gunnar:
>
> There was a gtk+ bug which resulted in a GOK crash which was fixed only
> Saturday night.  There was also a serious filechooser problem in gtk+
> that was fixed last night; as far as I know all is well now.  The past
> few days have seen a lot of last-minute change to the gtk+ and gnome
> stacks in preparation for code freeze, which is today.
> [...]

I now have updated the installed tarballs to the versions that were
available this morning on ftp.gnome.org (as listed further down). The
segfault is fixed.

However, I have an other problem:

If I start GOK from a terminal (I have used konsole), everything works as
expected, the pressed keys are inserted e.g. into the line edit of KMouth,
although KMouth currently does not support AT-SPI.

If I start GOK without a terminal (e.g., if I press (with KDE) Alt+F2, then
type gok, or if GOK gets started together with KDE), the pressed keys get
lost. Is this problem known? If yes, is there a solution available?

Gunnar Schmi Dt

P.S.: The installed tarballs are:

esound-0.2.33
glib-2.3.5