I need an accessible mozilla

Dear list,
Once upon a time (maybe one year ago), I could use a fully accessible
mozilla. By that I mean not only the widgets, but also the HTML
rendering frame.
I could use at-poke to explore the page, including images, URLs etc.
I'm not sure anymore but I think it was with some debian unstable
package of a cvs mozilla version. I did this by setting an env.
variable GNOME_ACCESSIBILITY=1.
I'm not sure but I think I also had GTK_MODULES=mai:atk-bridge .

Today, many upgrade later, I *cannot* do that anymore with mozilla :-(

I tried on my debian unstable and on a Mandrake 9.2 box.
I recompile the mozilla packages (mozilla-1.6-9 on debian ) from
source, setting
--enable-accessibility in debian/rules (CONFIGURE_OPTIONS) as can be
seen in about:about

--prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --mandir=/usr/share/man
--infodir=/usr/share/info --localstatedir=/var --disable-pedantic
--with-default-mozilla-five-home=/usr/lib/mozilla --disable-debug
--disable-tests --disable-short-wchar --enable-xprint
--enable-strip-libs --enable-crypto --enable-mathml --enable-oji
--enable-extensions=all --enable-ldap --with-system-zlib
--enable-freetype2 --enable-default-toolkit=gtk2
--enable-toolkit=gtk2 --enable-accessibility --enable-svg
--without-system-mng --without-system-png --disable-xft

I am also using GNOME 2.6 from jhbuild cvs on my debian devel box, so
I tried in a clean Mandrake 9.2 (mozilla 1.6 src.rpm), adding
--enable-accessibility in mozilla.spec.

to no avail :-(

I have gconftool-2 --set "/desktop/gnome/interface/accessibility"
--type boolean "True" and export GNOME_ACCESSIBILITY=1
in my ~/.bashrc

Under galeon, I *can* at-poke at rendered HTML pages ...

Any clue about what I am doing wrong would be *greatly* appreciated !

Thank you very much.

Bernard