Re: Norwegian (nynorsk) translation of ATK

Hi Åsmund:

> > I'm translating ATK to Norwegian nynorsk (lang code nn). Some of the
> > terms are a bit tricky to translate accurately.
> >
> > msgid "dial"
To elaborate on what Peter said, the descriptions of these terms
correspond to the definitions of the corresponding enumerated types in
ATK.  These are documented in the atk API docs.  At the moment the link
to these docs on developer.gnome.org is broken, but if you build ATK
from source you will find the document in

atk/docs/html/AtkObject.html

For your convenience I have clipped out a text-only version of this part
of the docs and appended it to this email.

- Bill

==========================
Describes the role of an object

These are the built-in enumerated roles that UI components can have in
ATK. Other roles may be added at runtime, so an AtkRole >=
ATK_ROLE_LAST_DEFINED is not necessarily an error.

ATK_ROLE_INVALID Invalid role
ATK_ROLE_ACCEL_LABEL A label which represents an accelerator
ATK_ROLE_ALERT An object which is an alert to the user
ATK_ROLE_ANIMATION An object which is an animated image
ATK_ROLE_ARROW An arrow in one of the four cardinal directions
ATK_ROLE_CALENDAR An object that displays a calendar and allows the user
to select a date
ATK_ROLE_CANVAS An object that can be drawn into and is used to trap
events
ATK_ROLE_CHECK_BOX A choice that can be checked or unchecked and
provides a separate indicator for the current state
ATK_ROLE_CHECK_MENU_ITEM A menu item with a check box
ATK_ROLE_COLOR_CHOOSER A specialized dialog that lets the user choose a
color
ATK_ROLE_COLUMN_HEADER The header for a column of data
ATK_ROLE_COMBO_BOX A list of choices the user can select from
ATK_ROLE_DATE_EDITOR An object whose purpose is to allow a user to edit
a date
ATK_ROLE_DESKTOP_ICON An inconifed internal frame within a DESKTOP_PANE
ATK_ROLE_DESKTOP_FRAME A pane that supports internal frames and
iconified versions of those internal frames
ATK_ROLE_DIAL An object whose purpose is to allow a user to set a value
ATK_ROLE_DIALOG A top level window with title bar and a border
ATK_ROLE_DIRECTORY_PANE A pane that allows the user to navigate through
and select the contents of a directory
ATK_ROLE_DRAWING_AREA An object used for drawing custom user interface
elements
ATK_ROLE_FILE_CHOOSER A specialized dialog that lets the user choose a
file
ATK_ROLE_FILLER A object that fills up space in a user interface
ATK_ROLE_FONT_CHOOSER A specialized dialog that lets the user choose a
font
ATK_ROLE_FRAME A top level window with a title bar, border, menubar,
etc.
ATK_ROLE_GLASS_PANE A pane that is guaranteed to be painted on top of
all panes beneath it
ATK_ROLE_HTML_CONTAINER A document container for HTML, whose children
represent the document content
ATK_ROLE_ICON A small fixed size picture, typically used to decorate
components
ATK_ROLE_IMAGE An object whose primary purpose is to display an image
ATK_ROLE_INTERNAL_FRAME A frame-like object that is clipped by a desktop
pane
ATK_ROLE_LABEL An object used to present an icon or short string in an
interface
ATK_ROLE_LAYERED_PANE A specialized pane that allows its children to be
drawn in layers, providing a form of stacking order
ATK_ROLE_LIST An object that presents a list of objects to the user and
allows the user to select one or more of them
ATK_ROLE_LIST_ITEM An object that represents an element of a list
ATK_ROLE_MENU An object usually found inside a menu bar that contains a
list of actions the user can choose from
ATK_ROLE_MENU_BAR An object usually drawn at the top of the primary
dialog box of an application that contains a list of menus the user can
choose from
ATK_ROLE_MENU_ITEM An object usually contained in a menu that presents
an action the user can choose
ATK_ROLE_OPTION_PANE A specialized pane whose primary use is inside a
DIALOG
ATK_ROLE_PAGE_TAB An object that is a child of a page tab list
ATK_ROLE_PAGE_TAB_LIST An object that presents a series of panels (or
page tabs), one at a time, through some mechanism provided by the object
ATK_ROLE_PANEL A generic container that is often used to group objects
ATK_ROLE_PASSWORD_TEXT A text object uses for passwords, or other places
where the text content is not shown visibly to the user
ATK_ROLE_POPUP_MENU A temporary window that is usually used to offer the
user a list of choices, and then hides when the user selects one of
those choices
ATK_ROLE_PROGRESS_BAR An object used to indicate how much of a task has
been completed
ATK_ROLE_PUSH_BUTTON An object the user can manipulate to tell the
application to do something
ATK_ROLE_RADIO_BUTTON A specialized check box that will cause other
radio buttons in the same group to become unchecked when this one is
checked
ATK_ROLE_RADIO_MENU_ITEM A check menu item which belongs to a group. At
each instant exactly one of the radio menu items from a group is
selected
ATK_ROLE_ROOT_PANE A specialized pane that has a glass pane and a
layered pane as its children
ATK_ROLE_ROW_HEADER The header for a row of data
ATK_ROLE_SCROLL_BAR An object usually used to allow a user to
incrementally view a large amount of data.
ATK_ROLE_SCROLL_PANE An object that allows a user to incrementally view
a large amount of information
ATK_ROLE_SEPARATOR An object usually contained in a menu to provide a
visible and logical separation of the contents in a menu
ATK_ROLE_SLIDER An object that allows the user to select from a bounded
range
ATK_ROLE_SPLIT_PANE A specialized panel that presents two other panels
at the same time
ATK_ROLE_SPIN_BUTTON An object used to get an integer or floating point
number from the user
ATK_ROLE_STATUSBAR An object which reports messages of minor importance
to the user
ATK_ROLE_TABLE An object used to represent information in terms of rows
and columns
ATK_ROLE_TABLE_CELL A cell in a table
ATK_ROLE_TABLE_COLUMN_HEADER The header for a column of a table
ATK_ROLE_TABLE_ROW_HEADER The header for a row of a table
ATK_ROLE_TEAR_OFF_MENU_ITEM A menu item used to tear off and reattach
its menu
ATK_ROLE_TERMINAL An object that represents an accessible terminal
ATK_ROLE_TEXT An object that presents text to the user
ATK_ROLE_TOGGLE_BUTTON A specialized push button that can be checked or
unchecked, but does not provide a separate indicator for the current
state
ATK_ROLE_TOOL_BAR A bar or palette usually composed of push buttons or
toggle buttons
ATK_ROLE_TOOL_TIP An object that provides information about another
object
ATK_ROLE_TREE An object used to represent hierarchical information to
the user
ATK_ROLE_TREE_TABLE An object capable of expanding and collapsing rows
as well as showing multiple columns of data
ATK_ROLE_UNKNOWN The object contains some Accessible information, but
its role is not known
ATK_ROLE_VIEWPORT An object usually used in a scroll pane
ATK_ROLE_WINDOW A top level window with no title or border.
ATK_ROLE_HEADER An object that serves as a document header.
ATK_ROLE_FOOTER An object that serves as a document footer.
ATK_ROLE_PARAGRAPH An object which is contains a paragraph of text
content.
ATK_ROLE_RULER An object which describes margins and tab stops, etc. for
text objects which it controls (should have CONTROLLER_FOR relation to
such).
ATK_ROLE_APPLICATION The object is an application object, which may
contain ATK_ROLE_FRAME objects or other types of accessibles.
ATK_ROLE_AUTOCOMPLETE The object is a dialog or list containing items
for insertion into an entry widget, for instance a list of words for
completion of a text entry.
ATK_ROLE_LAST_DEFINED not a valid role, used for finding end of
enumeration