Re: gok string freeze breakage

On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 08:10, Christian Rose wrote:
> There has been an unannounced string freeze breakage in the
> string frozen gok HEAD branch.

I didn't think string additions after the 2.4.0 release cycle
constituted freeze breakage (until the additional 2.4.1 freezes begin).

I did check developer.gnome.org and gtp pages but the policy you seem to
be referring to is not documented.

I can remove the offending strings but would prefer to leave them in;
the reason they were added (though not exposed in GOK) was to give
translators the maximum amount of time to translate them without
branching GOK.  We prefer not to branch GOK until we feel the need to
expose new features, in order to keep from maintaining active bugfix
work on two branches.

I think there are three strings involved, one is a message string that
is relatively unimportant, but the other two will prove challenging to
translate, so as I said we wanted to give maximum time for the gtp team
to deal with them.

- Bill