Re: gok string freeze breakage
- From: Bill Haneman <Bill Haneman Sun COM>
- To: Christian Rose <menthos gnome org>
- Cc: billh cvs gnome org, GNOME I18N List <gnome-i18n gnome org>, GNOME Release Team <release-team gnome org>, gnome-accessibility-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: gok string freeze breakage
- Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 13:17:14 +0100
On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 08:10, Christian Rose wrote:
> There has been an unannounced string freeze breakage in the
> string frozen gok HEAD branch.
> This seems to be the commit in gok/gok-keyboard.c
> that caused the ten (10) unannounced string additions:
I mis-counted - there are three 'sets' of strings affected.
The boilerplate about r-t wasn't necessary (I've read it a hundred times
before); a reminder that string freeze was still in effect for additions
to 2.4.X would have sufficed. It'd be worth clarifying that in the
d.g.o schedule/maintainers pages IMO. String _changes_ are obviously a
problem for i18n, but addition of strings that aren't exposed to users,
or marking of strings for translation which should have been marked
before (i.e. a couple of g_warnings) is less so.
I have reverted the strings themselves (removed them from translation).
I will be requesting permission to add them back however, since the
purpose of the patch was to improve GOK internationalization, and I
think in this case reverting them isn't in our best interest. Apologies
for the misunderstanding.
] [Thread Prev