Re: gnopernicus and CD writing software

Hello, Michael.
I haven't as yet tested burning cd's directly from gnome using naudilis, but
here is what I do to burn cd's.
I have written some simple shell scripts that ask for the source location of
the files to burn, which then creates a iso image, then asks for a cd title,
burn speed, and then writes out the disk.
I know that sounds complicated as cdrecord has so many commands, but in a
sense cdrecord is quite simple to use. You can run cdrecord in
gnome-terminal, and it is pretty speech friendly with most Linux screen
readers.

An example of writing a cd from the commandline is like this.

mkisofs -v mytitle -J -R -o myfile.iso /my/source/location//
cdrecord --dev 0,0,0 --speed 24 myfile.iso

In short the cd writing docs out there actually over complicate the
commandline cd burning tools. Mostly you need the dev flag to point to your
cdrom which is on 0,0,0 and the speed which mine can do up to 48*.
Plus you need to know how to make a basic iso image for burning and I always
use -v for setting the title -J for juliet file system, -R for rockridge
extentions, and -o to name the iso and point to the source location.
If you can do that you can handle almost any data cd.
Audio cd's are a little more indepth, but if you have further questions I
can help you out with making audio cd's as well.