Re: For First-Time Users of X-Server

I am betting Thomas did mean "gnome-terminal", the GNOME virtual
terminal application.  It's similar to xterm, but it is accessible (with
of course the usual bug disclaimer)

I think you can launch any X application from another console, provided
you set the $DISPLAY environment variable to point to your
currently-running X server's display, and your userid is the same one
that launched the X server (or has otherwise been granted permission to
access the display in question).

- Bill