Re: java access with gnopernicus?

Hi Thomas,

> I finally compiled/installed  the java-access-bridge, but when I attempt
> to run the Notepad demo that comes with j2sdk 1.4.1_02 I get absolutely
> no speech.
> The Notepad is clearly on the screen but gnopernicus doesn't say anything
> and none of the keys appear to say anything either.
> Is there something special I must do such as set a key to get gnopernicus
> to work with java apps with accessible swing classes?

Yes there is.

Accessibility support in Java is enabled by getting the (compatible) Java VM
to load additional stuff (for accessibility) when it does anything
graphical.  This is the same whether you're running Windows or UNIX/GNOME.
Assuming you built/installed GNOME 2.x into /opt/gnome-2.2 and have J2SDK
1.4.1_02 in /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.1_02, you should make a pair of sym-links:

   /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.1_02/jre/lib/accessibility.properties
    should point to
   /opt/gnome-2.2/share/jar/accessibility.properties

and

   /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.1_02/jre/lib/ext/gnome-java-bridge.jar
    should point to
   /opt/gnome-2.2/share/jar/gnome-java-bridge.jar

That should do it for you.

Regards,

Peter Korn
Sun Accessibility team