Re: Now what?

Well, I put the suggested commands in ~/.gnome2/session-manual and it
still isn't talking.  I know that Gnopernicus starts up because I can
switch consoles and see it in the ps output.  On the console where I
started X, I get several repetitions of this warning message.
(gnome-panel:582): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from
`SpiAccessible' to `BonoboControlAccessible'

What does that mean?  I am not sure how or if I need to tell gnopernicus
to use Festival.  When I ran the test-speech program, I got a choice of
the Dectalk driver or Festival.  I don't have the Dectalk software
installed, but it is still offered.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.