Re: mozilla speech fails.

Hi Thomas:

As Peter says, the ATK-enabled version of Mozilla is still in
development.  You might try the versions he mentions from
ftp.mozilla.org.

As for gnumeric and gnucash, the GNOME-2 versions of those applications
are still in development.  I believe that the 1.1 ("development")
version of gnumeric works with GNOME-2 and therefore ATK, but since it
relies heavily on the custom spreadsheet widget I don't think you'll
find it usable yet.  ATK support is planned for gnumeric but the
gnumeric spreadsheet widget is pretty complex.  The gnome-2 port of
gnucash is in very early stages too, so I don't think it's ready to use
yet.

Since GNOME-2 is itself pretty new, the applications generally are only
now getting ported over.  Many of these ports are in development
versions now and may be worth a try if you are willing to build them
from development tarballs or from CVS.  I tried balsa the other day for
instance, and I think it might be usable with gnopernicus.
Unfortunately the startup/configuration screens did have some
accessibility bugs (I filed a couple) so those might prove to be an
impediment.

It might not be too soon to start letting the developers of these
projects know that you are interested in using them with gnopernicus; it
helps give them incentive to complete the ports and to do the necessary
ATK work for custom widgets.

best regards,

regards,

Bill