Re: How should at-spi be turned on?

Hi Bill,

On Thu, 2003-05-01 at 11:05, Bill Haneman wrote:
> Asynchronous emission is actually a problem for ATs; the fact is that it
> will create new, significant problems if and when we implement such an
> approach, since it re-introduces some of the queue-overrun/flow-control
> difficulties we encountered with async at-spi events way back when.

	The queue/flow-control stuff is easy to fix; we just have a window of
10 requests or somesuch, and block when we have 10 outstanding waiting
for completion; [ easy to do with the ORBit2 async APIs ]. Another
advantage of that is of course that it reduces the problem of
uncontrolled re-enterancy which has to be good IMHO.

	Regards,

		Michael.