RE: 2.4 Proposed Modules - gok

On Thu, 2003-05-08 at 09:27, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:

> Maybe I misunderstand, but I can't believe it would be OK for every GNOME
> module to have a non-standard UI as long as they each had a "be normal"
> preference.

It wouldn't be "OK", but some other core apps do already have a "use the
theme I already chose please" preference (gnome-terminal and gedit
spring to mind)... it's rightly turned on by default, though, so you
don't tend to notice it unless you need it.

Personally I'd feel warmer and fuzzier if it was turned on by default in
GOK too, but I'm prepared to accept that the benefits to the target
audience outweigh the non-GNOMEness in this case if Bill and Peter say
so :)

(However, things like the Preferences window could definitely use a lot
more HIG-loving... having a look at that has been on my todo list for a
wee while now.)

Cheeri,
Calum.