Re: Getting Gnome Accessibility in Garnome

Jeff Waugh wrote:

<quote who="Bill Haneman">

Up until now, the gok team has been reluctant to make any actual
'releases' (though GOK itself is working reasonably well).  However in
recent conversations with Simon Bolter of the University of Toronto,
co-maintainer of GOK, it sounded as though they could be persuaded to
start making releases.

ObligatoryReleaseTeamComment: Making releases is a really good habit to get
into, 'release early, release often', etc. :-) If you've got code out in
wide use, you can prioritise your fixes more easily - 'real' feedback really
helps.

Just a quick note to say that we agree with making frequent "releases" to the gnome community. We wanted to wait on making a wider announcement until gok is really solid. Oh, and that is "Simon Bates" you probably spoke with :-)

cheers,

David Bolter

The same goes for the gnopernicus team; Draghi, Adi, are you guys ready to
start uploading tarballs (i.e. "make dist") to ftp.gnome.org?

Just a recommendation - it's worth making sure your module distchecks before
you make a release. Sometimes painful, but worth it in the end.

As for the rest of the accessibility stack, it should be ready for GARNOME
now as far as I know.  I would include the 'at-poke' module also, in the
developer platform tarballs (not desktop), (at-poke was largely written by
Michael M) since it's very useful as a testing and diagnostic tool for the
developer platform.

Cool, I'll add at-poke.

Thanks,

- Jeff