Re: som questions about gnopernicus

"Roberto Burceni" <roberto burceni tiflomedia it> writes:

[...]

> 2 - Which braille displays are supported in brltty api?
All displays supported by brltty in general, which
are about 14 different models.

> I installed brltty 3.3 but I don't' know how Gnoperncus use brltty api.

If you installed brltty 3.3 from its subversion repository,
and configured it with "./configure --enable-api", after 'make install' you
should have the necessary header files in /usr/include/brltty/
and a library in /usr/lib/libbrlapi*

You then need to ./configure gnopernicus sources.
Check for the line where it says
brltty support ... yes/no

If it reports yes, gnopernicus correctly detected
brltty headers/libs, and you can compile/install gnopernicus.

After that, you just need to configure gnopernicus to use
brlapi, and enable braille support.  Either do this via
the Gnopernicus GUI, or use the following commands to set things up:

$ gconftool-2 --type bool --set /apps/gnopernicus/srcore/br_active true
$ gconftool-2 --type string --set /apps/gnopernicus/braille/device BRLTTY

--
CYa,