Re: installing OpenOffice

Bonsoir,
Le Mardi 8 Juillet 2003 19:56, Peter Korn a écrit :
> Hi Bernard,
>
> > Le Mardi 8 Juillet 2003 19:19, Jane a écrit :
> > > Hi.  I downloaded OpenOffice 1.1 beta2 and I can't install it.
> > > Whenever I try to run the setup program, I don't get any speech
> > > from Gnopernicus. I have "ORBIIOPIPv4=1" in my .orbitrc file
> > > and I have J2sdk 1.4.2 installed.  I have Java-access-bridge
> > > installed from CVS as of yesterday. What am I missing?
> >
> > Notsure what your problem exactly is, but accessibility in
> > OpenOffice needs java (for java-access-bridge) and java is only
> > available AFTER you could tell which java to use (wich is during
> > the setup). So I think that you cannot have accessibility working
> > during first setup.
>
> Actually, the code in StarOffice (and I believe OpenOffice shares
> this code, along with all of the other accessibility work in
> StarOffice) will try to find a JVM with accessibility support
> turned on if the GNOME Accessibility gconf flag is turned on for
> this user *at* installation time.  I don't know if this code is in
> OpenOffice 1.1 beta2, but I've verified that this is the case with
> a recent internal build of StarOffice - the installer talks with
> Gnopernicus from the very beginning.

I confess I have no knowledge of the inner workings of OpenOffice
(yet, I'm currently trying to compile cvs 1.1rc :-) )
however, I had everything configured an accessibility was not
available on setup.
OpenOffice install could not find my java location
(/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.2/) and I had to select it myself (I remember it
because I thought taht the file selector was horrible :-) ).
After that, it ran OK (well not as OK as the 1.1rc will :-) ).

Maybe Jane and I have a non-standard java location .
(I have Mandrake 9.1 with somme cooker and j2sdk-1.4.2-fcs from sun.)
Maybe that java-detection code needs some polishing, maybe some
symlinks or $JAVA_HOME could help...

OTH

Bernard