Re: installing OpenOffice

Hi Bernard,

> Le Mardi 8 Juillet 2003 19:19, Jane a écrit :
> > Hi.  I downloaded OpenOffice 1.1 beta2 and I can't install it.
> > Whenever I try to run the setup program, I don't get any speech
> > from Gnopernicus. I have "ORBIIOPIPv4=1" in my .orbitrc file and I
> > have J2sdk 1.4.2 installed.  I have Java-access-bridge installed
> > from CVS as of yesterday. What am I missing?
>
> Notsure what your problem exactly is, but accessibility in OpenOffice
> needs java (for java-access-bridge) and java is only available AFTER
> you could tell which java to use (wich is during the setup).
> So I think that you cannot have accessibility working during first
> setup.

Actually, the code in StarOffice (and I believe OpenOffice shares this code,
along with all of the other accessibility work in StarOffice) will try to find
a JVM with accessibility support turned on if the GNOME Accessibility gconf
flag is turned on for this user *at* installation time.  I don't know if this
code is in OpenOffice 1.1 beta2, but I've verified that this is the case with
a recent internal build of StarOffice - the installer talks with Gnopernicus
from the very beginning.

Regards,

Peter Korn
Sun Accessibility team