Re: Gnopernicus, BRLTTY & Swedish characters

Anders wrote:

Hi

I have noticed that the Swedish characters åäö ÅÄÖ does not display the
right way on my daughters braille display.
Anders/all: can you forward some web pointers to documentation about non-english (for instance, swedish) and _especially_ non-latin braille encoding?

We and the BAUM team are currently discussing a general-purpose architecture for braille output that could handle the general case of unicode input. There are a number of issues that arise, but in order to design intelligently we need to gather information on the available braille encodings out there. It's already clear that there won't be a one-to-one mapping between POSIX locales and braille encodings, and there won't be one-to-one mappings for particular unicode 'code pages' either (there isn't even that for English ;-)

regards

Bill

For the moment she is using an BRAILLEX ELba, but it's the same problem
as on her old Tieman CombiBraille.
When using Swedish translation table all those characters above is dot 8
(i believe it's 8, the bottom right?). If i switch to German translation
table i get some caracters but not the right one's.
Does anybody have a hint how i correct this problem?

Best regards

/Anders