Re: some questions about gnopernicus and gnome

Deedra Waters <deedra dmwaters us> writes:

> I'm having trouble getting gnome to reat the text in things like mozilla. it
> tells me that there is a block of text, but it does not read the actual text.
> is there a way to make it read this text?

I'm afraid for now, you have to use flat review mode to access multiline
text.  Except where the field supports a cursor, then you can
navigate using that.

> Also, I just did  a fresh install of gnome/gnopernicus etc, but I'm having
> trouble finding what I'd call the equivelent of the start menu. Is there some
> shortcut key for this? I seem to be basically confined to the desktop and
> gnopernicus windows, and can't get to any other programs.

Ctrl-F1 or Alt-F1, forgot which, and dont have a running X right now to test.
Alt-F2 might also proove to be helpful, which can be used to launch apps
by executable name.  However, you should really read the GNOME Accessibility
Guide, especially the keyboard navigation section.

--
CYa,