Re: [g-a-devel] differences found in at-spi2 to at-spi using orca

Hi Mike, all,

on Di, Mär 15 2011, Mike Gorse wrote:

> Thanks for testing--the more people who test, the better.

Well, then let me add my observations after using at-spi2 for almos ttwo
weeks on my desktop pc as home as well as on my laptop at work, together
with the latest Orca (git master). I'm also
extremely excited and I want to say a big thank you to Mike and all
others who are involved with the At-spi Dbus port. You guys are doing
awesome work.

For the following issues I've found so far I also can file bug reports,
though for some of them I'm not sure about the related component, so I
would like to bring up these issues here first.

1.) Empathy, maybe a caching problem
====================================
In the empathy (2.32) buddy list, the tab key moves the focus between
the buddy list table and a textbox which shows your current status
message. With At-spi-Corba, focussing the status entry field works as
expected, Orca announces the text box and reads its contents. With
at-spi2, Orca reads the first Instant Message you received since
launching Empathy. Also when you move to the Empathy icon in the
notification area in the top panel and press ctrl-f1 to announce the
icon tooltip, Orca reads the first IM message instead of your current
status message.

2.) The Orca modifier key works in Orca, but doesn't lose it's original
functionality. This is particularly annoying with Orca's laptop keyboard
layout, as caps lock is toggled whenever you press an Orca shortcut
which requires the Orca modifier. Even though I'd file an Orca bug for
this, this didn't happen with At-spi-Corba, so maybe it is At-spi2
related anyway.

thanks

  Henning