Re: [g-a-devel] Gail next steps (was Re: GTK and ATK)
- From: Matthias Clasen <matthias clasen gmail com>
- To: gtk-devel-list gnome org, gnome-accessibility-devel gnome org
- Subject: Re: [g-a-devel] Gail next steps (was Re: GTK and ATK)
- Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 00:18:20 -0400
I think we should probably give a quick status update.
In the last week, Benjamin and I have started to implement the outlined plan.
Achievements so far:
- Code has been moved from modules/other/gail to gtk/a11y
- Gail is no longer a module, but gets compiled into GTK+ proper. You
still need to
load atk-bridge to make your application visible to ATs, but using
inside the process now just works; gtk_widget_get_accessible()
always gives you
a fully functional accessible.
- Some dead code has been removed (the old test stuff; remnants of GtkHtml and
- We have written a tool that takes a GtkBuilder file as input and
produces a textual
dump of the accessible tree; the tool is set up to compare the
output against the
expected result. This should help us to avoid regressions as we
refactor the gail
- Some bugs in accessible implementations have been found and fixed.
All of this lives in the 'a11y' branch.
] [Thread Prev