[g-a-devel] "Couldn't register with accessibility bus" Error

Hi,

I sometimes come across the following error in at-spi2 when I try to start an application of mine that uses pyatspi2 :

WARNING **: Couldn't register with accessibility bus: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
process 12330: arguments to dbus_connection_send_with_reply_and_block() were incorrect, assertion "connection != NULL" failed in file dbus-connection.c line 3524.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
  D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace
Aborted

I am able to consistently reproduce this issue by going to the package manager in OpenSUSE (looks like the massive tree structure in the package manager is causing this error) and then start my application. I also found that applications like Accerciser don't start at all after this (even if I close the package manager application).

--
Best Regards,
Nischal E Rao

Download VEDICS @ http://vedics.sourceforge.net/