Re: [g-a-devel] Fine-tuning event listeners?

Hi Joanie,

Thanks for the proposal.

I think that doing something along these lines makes sense and that it should be extensible (ie, we should have the ability to define new properties to filter on in future versions of AT-SPI without breaking the protocol). This seems similar to a comment that you made in Spain, that it would be useful if applications sent the data that Orca needed to begin with so that AT-SPI wouldn't need to make queries over the wire for the information after seeing an event. So I think that something similar would be useful to allow an AT to specify the type of data that it is likely to want from applications when events are sent. This could be added into registerEventListener, and events could be sent with one of their fields being a dictionary of properties that the AT requested for that type of event.

-Mike