[g-a-devel] Fine-tuning event listeners?

Hey guys.

As I understand it, when an AT registers a listener for a given AT-SPI event, there is no way to specify things like:

* The object role(s) the AT cares about w.r.t. that event type
* The app(s)/toolkit(s) the AT cares about w.r.t. that event type

For instance, if Orca cares about object:children-changed events from OOo for tables, Orca is then forced to listen to -- and subsequently filter out -- all object:children-changed events that any running accessible app happens to emit for any type of accessible.

I don't have any good ideas about how to implement fine-tuning for event listeners. But since we're discussing Atk3/AT-SPI3 -- or whatever Piñeiro is calling it ;-) ;-) -- I figured I'd toss it out there for consideration.

Thanks all! Take care.
--joanie