Re: [g-a-devel] GNOME Launches Campaign for Accessibility

On Sat, 17 Dec 2011, Joanmarie Diggs wrote:

 Pixmaps should have accessible descriptions.  The calendar should talk.

Bugs should be filed. Developers should be pinged.

Bill did file a bug for the first issue at least, if I'm remembering correctly. I suspect that part of the issue is that, in an ideal world, people would file bugs, and they would always be addressed one way or another in a timely manner, but in reality this doesn't happen. People forget about bugs, people move on without their bug having been addressed, etc., so sometimes bugs languish / fall through the cracks, developers need to be pinged, etc. And Benjamin doesn't like Bugzilla by his own comments, so it's better to email him or ping him on IRC to get his attention.

So it's not an ideal world, unfortunately, and things often don't work the way one might think they should, and there's room for improvement in terms of processes, but I don't think this means that people "don't care" about accessibility issues per se.

-Mike G-